Vacancy – Full Time Community and Events Fundraiser
We are recruiting a Full Time Community and Events Fundraiser.
Application is strictly via email (CV and covering note) to email@example.com. No agencies.
Job Title: Community and Events Fundraiser
Location: KIdscan offices at University of Salford, Greater Manchester
Accountable to: Marketing Manager (Supporter Recruitment)
Hours of work: Full time (36.25 hours p.w.)
Remuneration: Salary £24,500 – £28,000 plus generous Pension scheme
To work with the CEO and Marketing Manager to develop and implement Kidscan’s fundraising strategy for all Community and Events fundraising supporters.
To recruit the target numbers agreed for new fundraisers and sponsored events participants.
To build strong relationships with third party fundraisers, to maximise their funds generated and repeat fundraising.
To recruit and build ongoing productive relationships with volunteers, enabling them to deliver great projects for Kidscan.
To recruit families of children with cancer to become ambassadors and fundraisers for Kidscan.
To identify and introduce to fundraising colleagues those supporters with the potential to become individual donors or introducers to corporate supporters.
- Develop fundraising strategies and plans to raise income from Community and Events supporters, providing efficient and effective support with a view to developing long-term relationships.
- Recruit fundraisers, event participants and volunteers for Kidscan, working in partnership with the Marketing Manager.
- Convert one-off supporters into repeat fundraisers or regular donors.
- Develop a network of individuals and groups which can support Kidscan in the future, and can establish independent Kidscan Community Support Groups.
- Maintain and develop the major partnership with York University Student Union.
- Create 1 or 2 exclusive Kidscan fundraising events p.a., designed to generate significant net income with little operational effort.
- Be the main point of contact for all third party fundraising and events enquiries for Kidscan, providing advice, support and encouragement, and ensuring a high level of fundraiser acknowledgement and celebration.
- Attend and present at events and meetings on behalf of Kidscan.
- Ensure a high level of donor recording and recognition is maintained, in order to build excellent donor relationships and maximise income.
- Contribute to organisational effectiveness through positive team-working.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and travel, as required.
- Keep up-to-date with developments and learning in the fields of effective and legal fundraising, and of children’s cancer research.
- Comply with Kidscan’s health and safety, confidentiality, data protection and other policies.
- Deliver all agreed targets, including a gross income in excess of £100,000 p.a.
- Monitor and report monthly on income and expenditure against Budget.
- Propose and implement plans to address variances to Budget.
- Record all fundraising income and expenditure through the agreed processes and channels.
Become a partner and help Kidscan
The beauty of working with Kidscan is that it will bring great benefit to you and usGet involved