Register your interest:
The Great North Run 2017
Date : Sunday 10th September 2017
Location : Newcastle
The biggest and most famous half marathon in the world, with more than 50,000 people taking part each year.
Run for Kidscan Children’s Cancer Research and you can help us fight childhood cancer. We want EVERY child with cancer to survive and thrive.
Limited time offer!
From 1st April, we are offering places at £30.00 per person for a limited time, grab yours today!
Please use this special offer code APRILOFFER17
Registration link is www.bit.ly/GNR17KIDSCAN
Get your charity place
To apply for a guaranteed place for the Great North Run, simply click ‘REGISTER NOW‘ and complete the online application form.
For guaranteed places we ask you to raise a minimum sponsorship of £300, and there’s a registration fee of £45.
Get your own place
1. Reminder service at the Great North Run website
(The general ballot will open in January, cost of £54 per entry)
2. Set up your fundraising page, please click here
3. Get in touch with the Kidscan’s Events Team, let us know that you have a place.
4. Get training and fundraising!
Support from us
When you fundraise for Kidscan, you will receive:
- A Kidscan T-shirt or running vest
- Personalised sponsor forms
- Our new, super helpful, fundraising pack
- TONS of support from the fundraising team at Kidscan
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0161 295 3206 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Kidscan
This year in the UK around 1,600 children will be diagnosed with cancer.
Unfortunately 1 in 5 will not survive. Those that do can be left with physical development problems and severe emotional issues as a result of their treatment. This is why Kidscan Children’s Cancer Research exist; this is why your support is so vital. Survival rates for childhood cancer are improving but treatments for children are still inadequate. They often act as sledgehammers on young bodies, beating cancer, but also beating the life out of the young person at the same time. As a result, current cancer treatments solve and create problems at the same time.
It can take years for some of the after effects to make themselves known. We don’t want children to spend a lifetime looking over their shoulder, wondering when their next health crisis will arise.
All the money raised for this event will used to fund research into childhood cancer, for more information about our work please click here
Our Latest News
- Kidscan Tin Collector Ian celebrates staggering £450K small change milestone during decade at charity Read more
- Charity partnership with Purple Reign Conference Read more
- York University students’ Jailbreak challenge raises over £17,800 for Kidscan Read more
- Kidscan brings the heat to MediaCityUK Read more